Salmon processing and storage recipes properly
Salmon processing properly and preservation of fresh salmon and will help you make the delicious dish. Not everyone is paying attention to this. They often purchase and process salmon in a simple way and can lose some nutrients in salmon.
Although salmon are thriving in the sea and often migrate, it was born in fresh water. This fish is with light orange flesh and its skin is very slippery. Salmon is a food provides nutrients for the body such as DHA, protein, iron, EPA, Vitamin B12… Omega 3 content and amino acids in salmon help improve eyes health, maintain visually function effectively. Also, there are many other nutrients that help strengthen overall health of the body. Many people know the benefits of salmon but salmon processing and preservation may not be well known.
Salmon is less bone, much flesh and tasty should be easily processed into delicious dishes. According to style of Japanese cuisine, people often eat raw salmon with mustard. This way of eating is very popular in Japan, Korea… This dish was widespread in other countries, and can be reprocessed to suit taste and food culture of the regions.
Select the purchase and preservation of salmon
- To press the fish flesh to check elasticity and choose those fish have good elasticity.
- To take the fish tail and light flick to check fish is fresh or not. If fish flesh is firmness, it is still fresh.
- To choose fish with black pupils, eyes of fish must be shiny. Salmon belly should be checked to make sure there are no traces of blood or dark spots. Also, do not choose a fatty fish, fish flesh has grayed and gills darken.
- Chilling fish can be preserved and used for 24 hours. If fish is stored in the freezing compartment, it could be used for 3 months and thawed before use.
- Salmon can be eaten raw and the most popular dishes are sushi and sashimi, Japanese cuisine. In addition, grilled salmon is also very tasty.
- You should not process salmon overdone and more spices in order to keep the flavor of the salmon.
- Before processing fish you should use water to clean fish or white vine to remove fishy smell.
- Cut salmon fish from head to tail, put knife horizontally close to the fish bones. Remove fish intestine in the abdomen.
- To remove fish scales. For remaining fish bones in fish flesh can use tweezers to remove.
- For some dishes certainly you must be boneless. Keeping fish skin stretched, cut from the fish tail upward to separate the fish flesh from fish skin.
- Depending on the requirements of each dish, salmon can be cut in many different styles such as cut into small pieces, fillets, shapes and scallops …
- Do not blanch salmon with water because this does not increase the taste of fish. The best is salmon poached in white wine or mix into water with a little lemon juice.
- You should keep the skin as grilled salmon fish because it protects the fish flesh from getting scorched. When using fillet you can remove the salmon skin.
- Using a fire for cooking. If you use a grill or pan, you shall do one part of fish browned, then turn the fire down to brown the rest.