Processing potatoes properly and nutritionally
Processing potatoes properly will help the dishes become more delicious and nutritious. Potatoes are not only foods high in nutrients but also the materials for beauty and healing quite effective.
Potatoes are tubers originated from America and are widely grown in the world. Potatoes are commonly fried, grilled or boiled and used as a raw material for the other main dishes. Potatoes contain many nutrients such as vitamin A, B, C and minerals such as magnesium, calcium, potassium, iron and zinc … and a variety of plant minerals such as carotenoids and natural phenol.
Potatoes should be stored in a dry, cool place. If potatoes are stored at temperatures below 5ºC will give more tasty sweetness. To keep the nutritional contents inside potatoes should store about 2 weeks after you bought it.
- Potatoes are usually brown and there are also different colors like purple, yellow and red. A potato approximately 150g provides 27mg of vitamin C, 620mg potassium, vitamin B6 0.2g. There is also 26g carbohydrate in a medium tuber with small amounts of sugars like glucose, fructose and sucrose. Potatoes are not suitable for people with diabetes because the food is ranked high on the glycemic index.
- Although potatoes are not high in fiber, its fiber is good for health. For potatoes to cool after cooking will contain some of resistant starch, one fiber helps improve colon health. A potato (148g) contains 2g of fiber. Consuming sufficient fiber and water can increase satiety during meals.
- Vitamin C in potatoes is very high, which is the effective antioxidants. Vitamin C was significantly reduced after cooked. In addition, potatoes also contain glutathione, the most in vegetables – as antioxidants help prevent some cancers. The antioxidants are mainly concentrated in the cover.
- Eating potatoes can reduce the risk of heart disease, low blood pressure because it contains many minerals, particularly potassium levels. Potatoes produce satiety should be used as a useful food for weight loss. Potatoes can help beautify the skin by boiling, then sliced apply on face for 10 minutes. Doing this for 2 times / week can improve skin, help beautiful and shine skin.
- French fries contain compounds called acrylamide, which can increase the risk of cancer. French fries were blamed for causing obesity, cardiovascular disease and diabetes. For this reason, limiting to eat french fries is good for health.
Processing potatoes properly
- For grilled potatoes: potato shell contains a significant amount of nutrients, so we need to keep the shell when baked to ensure the nutrients are not lost. Maybe pack potatoes in foil to grill the potatoes are cooked, avoid burning. Potato cake is also one of the delicious dishes.
- For the soup, stew … potatoes used as raw materials: You should cut the potatoes into small pieces. If cooked with other vegetables, take the potatoes in advance. Because potato is ripened long than others, if cooked at the same time, the dish will be well-done.
- For the potato chips: Potatoes should be cut small, thin and drained before frying. Potatoes after cooked should take out immediately to avoid overcooking and drain oil before use. Remember to eat less fries to protect health.
- Potatoes combined with other ingredients such as pepper, chicken, beef, pork, onions … will process delicious meals.
In short, the potato is a food that contains nutrients for the body and made into delicious dishes in worldwide. Processing potatoes properly will have been tasty dishes as well as ensuring the prevention of disease.Tags: benefits of potatoes, french fries, potatoes, processing potatoes properly