Strawberries benefits and nutritional value
Strawberries are derived from America, but was bred and widespread in Europe from the 18th century. Strawberries benefits and nutritional value are really very much.
Strawberries are usually grown in temperate regions; the fruit is often red as ripe, sweet and sour taste so everyone is very favored. The fruit is commonly used to make dessert at every meal. Additionally, you can also use strawberries to apply facial mask or strawberry juice in hot summer.
Strawberries are rich in nutrients, minerals and vitamins such as Vitamin A, B1, B2, and especially the relatively high amount of Vitamin C, higher than oranges and watermelon. This helped to strawberries can increase the body’s resistance, anti-infection, poisoning, flu, anti-stress …
Dutch scientists have proved particularly strawberries are good for health because they contain more nutrients than tomatoes, kiwi and broccoli which famous foods have high nutritional value.
Strawberries benefits and nutrient composition (100g)
Strawberries contain about 46 kcal, 84g water, 1.8g protein, lipid 0.4g, 7.7g glucide and other substances such as calcium, potassium, sodium, and vitamins … especially contain very little fat help to reduce cholesterol.
Strawberries benefits has proven:
- As a source of abundant Vitamin C, so eating strawberries would be beneficial for digestion, supplement nutrients for skin help anti-aging. That’s why we also use strawberries to apply facial mask. Also, Vitamin C helps lower blood pressure to avoid the risk of developing high blood pressure. Folate is one of the Vitamins B in strawberries help the normally developing of tissue and cells, which is very good for the elderly and pregnant women. Along with potassium, magnesium, and copper… help stretch and smooth skin and vibrant.
- Strawberries have many nutrients, especially anthocyanins and flavonoids. Anthocyanins are responsible for the bright color of the fruit. This matter content increases as the fruit ripens with flavonoids help to prevent cholesterol, reduce the risk of chronic diseases, improve cardiovascular health to reduce the risk of dying from heart disease. Besides, Anthocyanins also works to burn fat reduces the risk of obesity.
- Strawberries slows the digestion of glucose, reduce blood sugar and insulin levels to help prevent diabetes type 2. Because of low calorie and high fiber should strawberries can be used to aid weight loss. Phenol compounds in strawberries have anti-inflammatory effect, protects the stomach and intestinal bleeding reduction.
- Strawberries have been shown to inhibit tumor formation in animal and in liver cancer cells in human. The antioxidants in strawberries have a protective effect of ellagic acid and ellagitannins, help to inhibit the growth of cancer cells. Moreover, fisetin antioxidants in strawberries can prevent memory loss in old age.
- Strawberries are a great addition to a healthy diet. Strawberries are also used for processing other products as the strawberry jam. This is a very nutritious product, providing users with the amount of glucide, protein, amino protein, vitamins and high mineral content. Strawberry jam is wonderful to enjoy with bread, biscuits or whatever you like. This is also one of the strawberries benefits.
Note: Strawberries are grown mainly in protected and care environment (as greenhouses) should be able to accommodate pesticide not good for health compared to the natural strawberries. So, choosing clean strawberries before use is really necessary.Tags: health effects of Strawberries, Nutritional value of Strawberries, Strawberries