The surprising uses of the rice cooker
Besides the cooking use, people still use the rice cooker to cook sticky rice or porridge, but ensure that the following usage will make you surprised because you have never thought of.
This is most easily done at home because it does not require dexterity.
Ingredients: 150g of corns, butter, vanilla and oil.
How to do it:
- Pouring a little oil into the rice cooker, turn on cook mode for about 1 minute, then add the butter and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Switching to the warm mode and add corns into the cooker, close the lid and enable cook mode. For about 4 minutes, then corns will start bursting, open the lid and stir with chopsticks to all corns are burst well. To close the lid for 1-2 minutes then you will have popcorn.
Although the rice cooker is used daily and has many uses, it’s surprising that it’s so versatile.
Making sponge cake.
Ingredients: 50g flour, 150g sugar, 30g fresh butter, 5 eggs, 50g of cornstarch, 50ml of fresh milk, 30ml vegetable oil, 3g salt, and a little of vanilla powder.
Method of work:
- Separate the yolks and whites.
- Choose low speed on egg-beater and beaten egg whites. When foam appears, add salt and beat faster. Gradually add sugar, beat until whites appear much foam.
- Use fresh milk and vanilla pour in the yolks and mix by egg-beater.
- Mix the cornstarch and flour together. Then pour the egg yolks into them and mix until got a smooth puree mixture.
- Divide beaten egg whites into 3 parts and add slowly the yolk was beaten. And so beat all egg whites until got a light yellow smooth mixture.
- Put a lining on the bottom of the rice cooker a butter layer or a baking paper. Then pour the flour mixture into the pot, turn on cooking. Cooking until the cooker auto switches to warm mode, then add about 20 minutes. To check the cake is well-cooked or not should use a toothpick impale the cake, if it’s wet, switch to cooking again and continue cooking. When you see the cake rises porous is finished!
Many people often think that making pizza needs an oven. Just cooker you also did it. Here’s how to make pizza using rice cooker.
Ingredients: 500g flour, 10g yeast blooms, 3g of salt, 280ml water and 2 teaspoons of olive oil. For materials of cake filling, you can choose as you like.
Method of work:
- Mix the flour, salt, and olive oil. Using warm water to dissolve yeast and slowly pour into the flour mixture then knead the dough until smooth. When it’s smooth, let it’s for a half-hour break.
- Rolling dough with thickness of about 2cm.
- Turn on the cooker. Then take the cake was rolled into the pot, turn on cooking mode for 15 minutes until the surface of cake turns on yellow. Then open the lid and return the cake. This time add filling, spread with tomato sauce and cheese on. Then continue to turn on cooking for 10 more minutes to complete. It’s simple.
Cooking yogurt is not difficult but how to incubate fermented yogurt for a delicious is not easy; however, you can use the cooker to incubate yogurt. This approach ensures simple but finished product will be very tasty.
Ingredients: 1 liter of fresh milk, 2 cans of condensed milk and 2 jars of yogurt to use as yeast.
Method of work:
- Boil fresh milk and condensed milk together, not add water, remember to stir well. Boiling medium, then turn off the cooker.
- Wait for the mixture to cool to about 35 degrees C, add yogurt to stir for 4 more minutes to yogurt melts evenly.
- Pour yogurt into small jars, then put into the rice cooker. Pour warm water about 45 degrees C into the pot, 2/3 submerged yogurt. Close lid cooker to incubate, within 4-6 hours. After 2 hours, turn on warm mode for about 15 minutes so that the water in the pot is not cooled. But do not be too long because if the water turned overheating will affect the quality of yogurt.